Walking Wednesday Challenge
What is Walking Wednesdays? A walking challenge between seniors (55+) and grade six students.
To get active and win some great prizes…Nintendo Wii, runners, swim passes, skipping ropes and more!!!!
What do I have to do?
1. Attend the ‘launch party’ where you can pick up a pedometer and info pack. If you are unable to attend the launch, pedometer and info packs will be available for pick up from your teacher or senior center program coordinator (LSCO or Nord-Bridge).
· The Launch Party is on Tuesday, April 28, 2009 at 10:30 am
· Location- Small gym at Gilbert Patterson Middle School (2109 12th Ave South)
· Refreshments will be provided!
2. Wear your pedometer every Wednesday from when you wake up to when you go to bed (do not get it wet) until Wednesday, June 3, 2009. (Students will wear pedometers during school hours only).
*Seniors aim for 10, 000 steps per day and students aim for 16, 000 steps per day.
3. Log your steps on the “Walking Wednesdays Website” www.uleth.ca/fas/knes/walking
a) Create a user name and register for your team:
· Silver Sneakers
· Gilbert Patterson Tigers
Great physical activity resources are available at the website!
4. Get moving!
5. HAVE FUN!!! We will come together again in June for a ‘wrap-up’ party and to award the prizes!!
Sponsored by the Government of Canada’s New Horizon’s for Seniors funding & Organized by the Lethbridge Healthy Communities Committee